Top 10 Guitar Riffs of all time
10. Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Although this consists of only four chords, it’s a great riff. And we love lazy guitarists anyway.
9. AC/DC “Back In Black”
Bon Scott would be proud.
8. Eric Clapton (Derek and the Dominos) “Layla”
This riff can’t be played by anyone.
7. Deep Purple “Smoke On The Water”
Its simplicity is complex.
6. The Beatles “Day Tripper”
Drug references? Check. Sexual innuendo? Check. Insanely catchy guitar riff? Naturally.
5. The Rolling Stones “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”
Fun Fact of the Day: Richards’ three-note guitar riff – intended to be replaced by horns.
4. Cream “Sunshine of Your Love”
Eric Clapton again. Shows you how much of a genius he is.
3. Led Zeppelin “Whole Lotta Love”
You need cooooooolin’
2. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
Had to pick this one over Purple Haze.
1. Led Zeppelin “Immigrant Song”